Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina

The analysis, the outrage, the disgust, the recriminations will continue for months, years even. Just to add to the background noise, a few comments from this neck of the woods;

Last Wednesday, from BlueBoy; "If it (Katrina) has to happen, then it's best that it happens in the States--at least they've got the ability to handle it. Not like Bangladesh or somewhere."
You would have thought so, right?

Today, from BlueBuddy Paul; "This is not the America we know....and love."


Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenbeauty said...

It is thoroughly embarrassing and maddening. I have donated cash and I haved donated blankets, pillows and shoes. I am not even sure if it will reach anyone.

Thanks for sharing Blue. Please know that most if not all Americans are a bit outraged.

3:06 pm  
Blogger Blue said...

I'm sure your stuff will get there Jen. And be sure that (if I'm any judge!) the non-crazy rest of the world feels just the same way--not against America the nation of course! The sense I get is almost one of sympathy; that all you good people have to endure this lethal negligence.

4:35 pm  
11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home