Saturday, August 13, 2005

Insanity Continues

The President of Niger denies famine in 'his' country.
There is famine in Niger. Trust me, I know these things. It's not just there either. A goodly chunk of western Africa is in trouble.
Meantime the GDP of Zimbabwe has fallen below that of 1953.
Yes, 1953.
52 years ago.
And in the midst of all this, our new and illustrious Vice-Pres. thinks Zimbabwe has, er, 'skills' in land re-distribution from which South Africa could learn.
I think not.
This is not an auspicious start, Madame Vice President. I'm sure you were mis-quoted, right?
Right?

World Food Program
Save The Children
Plan International

1 Comments:

Blogger jenbeauty said...

This is one of my biggest issues Blue...starvation. I hate that children around the world are starving. It makes me ill.

My daughter's school has a wonderful program that they raise and donate funds for those in need in Ohio. Hubby and I try to donate as much as we can locally as well as international.

I have always told hubby if I ever hit the lottery, we would vacation first and then second I would do something, anything to underprivledged children, world wide.

Thanks for the links.

Jen

3:51 pm  
11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home