Friday, July 22, 2005

In Loco Parentis

I freely admit, I made a huge mistake with my parents.
They didn't have enough money.
I swear I was swapped at birth. Thank you SO much Luton Maternity Hospital.
See, I have expensive tastes.

Take this travelling business. By some bizarre quirk of airline economics, which I for one fail dismally to understand, flying business class to Lilongwe was cheaper (or is that less expensive?) than coach/economy/cattle.

I am not the biggest person, devastatingly average in most respects, but South African Airways--who should know better--cram the pax in like sardines in a can, at least in, er, economy. The Underground/Metro/ L-Train is palatial, trust me.

Anyway. Business. Infinitely better food, bags more space, blah, blah. And the attendants!
So here's Blue, doing the executive impression, papers and files an' stuff spread over three seats, (count them) laptop busy purring away.

Up comes the lady attendant. 'Would sir like another tonic water?'
Blue: 'That would be wonderful, thank you.'
Lady attendant: 'Didn't sir's teacher tell him NOT to do his homework on the bus?' (smiles)
Blue: *Splutter*.

Pity she and her colleagues went on strike the day after, and I'm STUCK here on Friday night.
But she deserves a raise just for that little quip, don't you think?

0 Comments:

11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home