Thursday, July 21, 2005

21st July 2005

So, here at Jo'burg airport again. Malawi now then Europe on Saturday.
The jasmine--a harbinger of spring--is already out in my garden. I'll attempt a photo on Saturday. (Just for Badger, of course.)
So what?
It's too early. Way too early, at least a month. No doubt we'll get another cold snap. I have very distinct memories of this time a year ago, when I spent quite sometime out-of-doors, and froze my ass off, at least until I got on another plane and made for warmer climes, chiefly (but by no means exclusively) meterologically-speaking.
You'll know the smell of jasmine. Sometimes it's the smell of rebirth, optimism and a second chance.
Sometimes it's just jasmine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Have a great trip! And can't wait to see the garden pictures!

5:01 pm  
Blogger Blue said...

Hi Katie! The trip is a hatchet-job on another recalcitrant member of staff, but Malawi is one of the more pleasant places I get to.
However--South African Airways is going on strike tomorrow, so Ihope I get home! Eeek!

9:44 pm  
11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home