Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Diluted to Death

Ah well. After 24 years of marriage, 2 kids, a dozen cars, 4 houses and a roughly equal number of dogs, my wife and I have decided to call it a day and move on to other things. No great emotional turmoil, no 'scenes'--much like the marriage, come to think of it. Divorce in about 6 weeks. My daughter doesn't want to speak to me, but I hope she'll come around. I guess whatever there may have been just became excessively diluted until there was nothing left.
I don't FEEL like a bad person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

About eight years ago, my parents divorced after 25-ish years of marriage, 2 kids, 2 hours, and multiple pets and cars as well. I can be alternately bitter towards either parent. It's still difficult, even as an adult, to have one's mum and dad split up. I totally supported my mum's decision to do leave, don't get me wrong. The divorce just brought out the little selfish kid in me, I think, that wanted everything to be "perfect."

All that aside, I'm wishing you and yours much strength and peace during this transition.

5:04 pm  
11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home