Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Village

I see a lot of movies these days. More so these days since Ster Kinekor have finally done their arithmetic and dropped their prices by half. It's something to do with economics, apparently. If you flash enough cards at the right people you can get to see a movie for R6. ($1)
A mere week ago I was railing at the shite that is currently on circuit here. I'm sure Vin Diesel is terribly sexy and all that, but when they do a remake of Triple X (or whatever) I tend to lose patience. I'm really tired of movies that are built around say, Haile Berry in leather, (or PVC or whatever the hell she was sweating in) or Hopkins getting some tongue. As it were. Or movies about boxing. Or cars. Ben Stiller gives me the heebies. So does Ben Affleck.
Give me actors! Show me William H Macy. Give me John Cusack. Yay for small indy movies. Movies with a plot. With cinematography.
Down with Industrial Light and Magic! Down with Titanic! A pox on Spielberg! Down with Pixar! (OK, I thought 'Nemo' was terrific, but that's the exception that proves the rule.)
So, up with M. Night Shyamalan. More power to his focus-puller. Or best boy.

0 Comments:

11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home