Thursday, June 22, 2006

Only in Africa

...and in other news.....

The traffic on the N3 freeway outside Germiston was snarled this morning by a 3-car pile-up. No one was seriously hurt.
So what?
A articulated truck driver had pulled over to get some sleep last night. Meantime someone (or ones) had tried to steal the wheels off his truck and been disturbed. The outcome? As he continued his journey this morning, the wheels fell off. In trying to avoid them a Toyota crashed into an Opel, which crashed into etc. etc.

And in lighter vein; I usually get into work fairly early to avoid the traffic. One lady is always here before me; a lovely person; hard-working, reliable and a dedicated, practicing Christian. I always put my head around her door to say hello. She's usually reading her Bible or listening to sermons. More power to her.
But not today.
She was deeply engrossed in a new book. So deeply engrossed that she didn't notice my presence.
'What was this captivating book?' I hear you ask.

The Dummies Guide to...'Being Sexy.'
Complete with diagrams.
I've ordered my copy already.

0 Comments:

11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home