Saturday, May 07, 2005

Blue raves

Alrighty then.
No doubt I'm 6 weeks behind--but go down to your local music store and have a listen to '...something to be' by Rob Thomas.My son Chris brought the first CD by Matchbox 20--Mad Season--ages ago. He was convinced 20 were brilliant. Yeah...Ok, but not really my thing. Too poppy. But daughter Jenna brought Daniel Bedingfield yesterday. Nope. One great track, the rest--filler. So, she changed it. (You can't do that here, but then she is a law student...)

And brought Rob Thomas.

One thing about my sprogs. We've always enjoyed more-or-less the same music. Pity about the wife, but you can't have it all. Can you?
'...something to be' is superb. Some good meaty rock, ballads, clever lyrics, the whole thing. I didn't realise that he does piano, and I've always enjoyed pianists; Billy Joel, Elton John, Bruce Hornsby and so forth.

For my money, the best song? 'Now comes the night' Just the voice, a piano and a tiny bit of synth. Agghh. But don't listen if you miss someone too much, or you're feeling a shade gloomy. Otherwise 'Streetcorner Symphony', or 'My, my, my.' There's not a weak track on the whole album.

OK, enough raving.

My new frequent flyer card from Air France came today. Their scheme is called 'Flying Blue'. Say no more.

And since it's 1am, and I'm entirely unable to originate, (no change there) some quotes. I'm reading 'All the Right Places.' by Brad Newman. He quotes various people at the start of each chapter. Here's two on marriage;

'As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he is sure to regret it.'

Diogenes Laertius
Socrates

'A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if is married.'
H.L. Mencken
A Menchen Chrestomathy

Be safe. Don't be naughty. Or at least, don't get caught.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenbeauty said...

You. have good taste in music!!

Are you speaking to me regarding those marriage quotes?! *smiles*

6:34 pm  
Blogger Blue said...

Heavens no!

8:18 pm  
11803804

Post a Comment

<< Home